Friday, October 5, 2007

A minor success

I am excited and overjoyed to announce that this morning for the first time I was able to fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy pants!! Now, I know for some of you who were blessed to look "normal" again immediately after giving birth this may not be a big deal, but for me it is amazing. I thought this day would never come. Now I have to admit that it is only one pair of pants that currently fits, and no, it is not a pair of jeans, so I have a long way to go. They also don't fit the way they used to. . .I definitely fill out the booty a little more than I used to and there is a bit of muffin top action going on, but I am still going to wear them today and wear them proud!! Seeing how this means I have in fact made some progress I will let out a celebratory cheer. Just thought I'd share my excitement with ya'all today. I just hope there are more successes to follow. . .

(And no, I will not post any pictures of me in my pants--I don't look that good!!)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Yeahhhhhh!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! It gets better from here on out:) I bet you look fantabulous!

Barb said...

Atta girl!!

Steph & Paul said...

yes for pants! I know the excitement that it entails, and it deserves a double whoo-hoo!

Kathi said...

With my first baby, I took a cute little dress I had just made, before getting pregnant, to wear home from the hospital. Yes, I was quite surprised and disappointed to find I couldn't even get it on! What was I thinking?!
Anyway-Jo sent me Jeff's link from her friend Anna and so I got on yours too. It's so fun to read about you. I certainly learn more about you than I would at a family reunion or from Maralyn! Ella is adorable, precious, I want to kiss her!

Kathi said...

Book recommendations: Sandra Gulland's trilogy about Josephine Bonaparte. GOOD! Especially if you like history. My most recent favorite, another trilogy by Nancy Turner based on an autobiographical journal of a woman in the Arizona territories at the turn of the century. Earthy, not cheesey (hate cheesey).
These is my Words, Sarah's Quilt, Star Garden.
And, by the way, I LOVE your house!
I won't every say so much again.