Thursday, March 12, 2009

Family Picnic

We have been enjoying some glorious weather out here the past week (although the next week is supposed to be cooler and rainy), so we decided to take advantage of it and visit the Botanical Gardens for FHE and have a family picnic.

Ella LOVED it. She was giddy the whole time! Brad and I sat and ate our picnic dinner on the blanket while she ran around and squealed with delight the whole time. Granted, she didn't eat much of her dinner, but does that really matter when you are able to sit and feel so much joy as a family! It was a great evening.

I love the happiness that sunshine puts in our souls!









7 comments:

Becca said...

Love the pics, Heath! This post reminds me of our fun times last spring and makes me wish we were having those 65 and 70 degree days. There just seems to be so much more to do outdoors there in VA. Is it the weather difference? Just that you have a beach? Or becase I've always lived here and don't find things as exciting anymore?

heidigoseek said...

those pics are great! i love the colors and the energy. what a great way to celebrate the warm weather:)

kimbob said...

I'm jealous of your nice weather and we are anxiously waiting it here. Glad you guys had so much fun. I'm the same way you are. I'm usually the one taking the pictures so am hardly in any :) It's a mom thing if they're going to get taken

Gardner said...

Heather, You take great pictures. Very impressive.

Snarr Family said...

Cute pictures. You are a natural photographer. You really should get more into it or something. Looks like you guys had fun enjoying the nice weather. Love ya.

Catherine said...

You are quite the photographer! What a fun FHE - I love the botanical gardens. Now if this rain would stop so those nice temps could come back...

Dave and Marie said...

Ella really is getting so old. Goodness!! I'm glad you stopped unexpectedly at my blog. I renovated it but.. i'm still trying to get back into it. Dave is there in Norfolk right now. He makes me so mad because he won't call or visit you or the millet's he says" I don't want to walk all the way over there..." bla bla so call! right? well I can't wait to be there and I'm calling as soon as i land, even though i might not be able to see you because of little baby holbrook will be so new. i'll still call.