We were able to see a few friends and most of our families, although we wish we could have seen more. The only pictures I managed to take were from Ben and Raquel's receptions, and I didn't even get many of those. I guess you don't think about getting out your camera enough when you are trying to keep a sick little one happy--oh well! You also would never even know I was there when you look at the pictures and see that there is not one single shot of me in there.
I don't mind that much as I am not a photogenic person, but I wonder as our kids look back at our family pictures if they will think it was weird that mom is never in them!
Here are a few photos of the dancing and celebration:
Dancing with Grandpa
With Raquel. . .she must be Ella's favorite aunt because she never wanted to leave Raquel's side and always wanted her to hold her. I hope it didn't drive Raquel too crazy especially when Ella tried to get in her family's picture and dance with her when it was Ben's turn to dance. It was hard to not let Ella run after all the time as it was the easiest way to get a smile on our sick little girl's face!
By the way, at the reception in Houston they had this awesome tradition where you pay money for a chance to dance with the Bride or the Groom. Why didn't I think of that at our wedding? What a great way to pick up some extra cash from your wedding guests? I think that is the coolest thing I have ever heard of! Ben and Raquel had people paying to dance with them for at least 45 minutes straight, and most weren't as cheap as us and donated more than the $5 Ella gave Raquel for the chance to dance with her!
Time with Daddy
Passing the time reading stories with Aunt Jessica, and cousins Kaden and Emily
Shake it, shake it!
Grandma's babies
7 comments:
she is so adorable! I hope your feeling well...not much longer!
I like how you got me eating in the background of the last pic (although isn't that why you go to receptions? to eat? Forget the Bride and Groom. It's all about the food.)
just so long as Ella doesn't start dancing for money, you'll be just fine:)
she looked adorable in that dress. so cute:)
It was so great to see you guys even though it seems like we'd just seen you. Glad you guys were able to come out and support them!! I didn't know Ella got sick, sorry
It was so great to see you guys even though it seems like we'd just seen you. Glad you guys were able to come out and support them!! I didn't know Ella got sick, sorry
It was fun to see you. Ella is adorable.
I love his wife's wedding dress!!!!
Post a Comment