Friday, May 22, 2009

Playing Catch Up

A few days before Maggie came Brad's parents came out for a visit. I think their plan was to see us for a few days and then hopefully see a new granddaughter when they were out visiting Brad's brother and his wife in Western Virginia. Thanks to Maggie's early arrival they were able to see one of their new granddaughters before they flew home (but it was not the one they had planned on). Things never go as you plan them to do they?
Anyway, we were grateful to have a few fun days to spend with them before Maggie joined our family and we were also extremely thrilled to have Brad's mom change her flight at the last minute and help us out for the first few days home, since Brad was unable to get the time off at the hospital. I'm glad things worked out the way they did. . .who knows what we would have done otherwise?

We spent the full day we had with them at the Botanical Gardens, one of Ella's favorite hangouts.


Brad's sister Niki, Grandma Holbrook, and Ella and I


A rare picture of Ella and I--no judging me on how big my belly is. . .it was the day before I went into labor after all!!




Sweeping the floors--always a favorite! If only she was better at it I could really put her to work at home!


Being a monkey--another favorite pastime!




Eating oreos in the car. . .that doesn't happen with Mama around. As you can tell, Ella was thrilled to be eating "treats" and didn't mind the mess at all!

1 comment:

kimbob said...

that is great they were able to come out to visit and glad Brad's mom was able to come and help you out for a few days. Maggie is a doll!