Monday, May 25, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever







My parents were in town last week. It was supposed to be a trip out for them to help with the new baby, but considering the fact that Maggie was already 3 weeks old and I had recovered from my battle wounds we decided to use our time doing more "fun" things in an effort to help keep life exciting for Ella.
We spent our days at the Botanical Gardens, The Virginia Aquarium, and picking strawberries. Brad and I also enjoyed a special treat with an evening out to see Wicked. Brad had bought the tickets last summer before we knew our expected due date. We didn't know how things would work out, so we hung onto them anyway and just decided we would wait and see what happened. Well, my mom was game for watching both kids, so we left and had a night out. I felt very spoiled to be able to leave my 2 1/2 week old baby for 3 hours. Maggie was a good one for us while we were gone and slept and then had no problem taking a bit of a bottle to tide her over until we got back. Thanks for the night out Mom!


Amid juggling both girls I was horrible at taking pictures while they were out here, but I did manage to snap a few of us picking strawberries. (We picked 20 lbs, made two batches of freezer jam and enjoyed the rest!)




Thanks for visiting and we can't wait to see you again this summer!

3 comments:

Snarr Family said...

I miss your parents! Seeing them in your pics makes me sentimental. It looks like you and Ella enjoyed having them. How was wicked? I am dying to see it. I'm happy you got to have a Mommy and Daddy night out. I wish I would have been able to visit before moving. Norfolk rocked when we were there and it looks like you have found even more fun things to do.

kimbob said...

that is great your parents were able to come out! Glad you're doing well you got to go out and keep busy, I think it's amazing how different the recovery was for me from the first to second child. The strawberries look yummy, Jake would be jealous, he loves them

Anonymous said...

I love these reminders of our brief time with you. And you've nicely updated your family overview. I love it all. Ella looks so happy picking strawberries, too. We had a great time. Can't wait until July. Mom