We went out to Brad's brother's house in Western Virgninia this past weekend for a quick visit. It was fun to have Ella and Maggie meet their newest cousin, baby Heidi, who was born just 3 days after Maggie. On Saturday we went on a 2 mile hike to Cascade Falls. It was a lot of fun, since we live out on the coast where there are no mountains near, it has been a while since we had been hiking. In fact, it was Ella's first hike ever. She did awesome!! She must have walked more than a mile of the hike all by herself. Brad kept asking her if she wanted to ride on his shoulders or have him carry her, but she insisted on walking. What a trooper--especially since we were hiking right in the middle of naptime! Looks like we will have to plan more hikes for her in the future as she just loved it!



Jumping to Daddy

In front of the Falls--Ella played in the ice-cold water--I don't know how she could stand it, but she didn't seem to mind until she was shivering 30 minutes later.


Climbing all by herself

A quick picture with Mommy (and Maggie in the Baby Bjorn)


Our hosts, Brad's brother Stan, his wife Melanie, and baby Heidi


All tuckered out at the end. I think she worked so hard hiking that by the time we headed back down she passed out! I'm glad I opted for carrying Maggie so I didn't have to carry the almost 30 lbs of dead weight back down the mountain that Brad had to!
Thanks for letting us come visit Stan and Mel--we had a great time!! We'll see you out here in a couple of weeks.
1 comment:
Looks like fun, How come we weren't invited? We'll have to go hiking when you guys are here, Emily enjoys it also.
Post a Comment