Saturday, June 27, 2009

Exciting News. . . .Times 5!

Thought we'd share our exciting news with you all:


#1. Brad finished his 3rd year of medical school this week! Wahoo!! This past year has definitely been the most trying for us out here--it is an understatement to say we are thrilled that it is behind us. Now we are on to the "reward" of medical school: 4th year.


Brad's class had a beach party to celebrate the end of 3rd year. We went out to the beach on Friday and Ella played REALLY hard. I think the beach is her happy place (just like her Mom's). What added to the fun is that Ella's best friend Callie (whose dad is also in Brad's class), was there to splash around with. These girls kill me--Ella is all giggles and smiles whenever Callie is around--it's fun watching Ella develop friendships and see the happiness it brings!












#2. We got word that Brad was accepted into an OB rotation at the University of Utah this fall--which means we will be home from October 26th-Jan 1 this year. It will be so fun to spend time with friends and family and not be so rushed!! We are super excited. (Of course, we also hope this will get our foot in the door and give us a chance at getting into the residency program there. . . we shall see!)



#3. Maggie hit the 2 month mark this week. She is growing so fast and interacting with us more and more each day.

And although she fights going down for a nap during the day, she is being very nice to her Momma and consistently sleeping for about a 7 1/2 hour stretch each night--bless her little heart!







#4. Both my parents and Brad's parents are coming out next week. We are going to bless Maggie and celebrate Ella's 2nd Birthday. I can't wait and neither can Ella!

#5. I am finally back down to my pre-pregnancy size!

Okay, that is really not true at all, but that is on my wish list for sure. I just thought that 5 pieces of exciting news sounded way better than 4. And besides, if i do ever get there again it will be EX-CIT-ING, with a capital X!!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! That is all so exciting! When I read #5 I thought "Oh my gosh, she's already back after 2 months?!!! Lucky!" I just love the pictures of Maggie and Ella. You have such darling kids.

Stan and Mel said...

When I read #5, I seriously was a little jealous that you had lost so much weight in the last week..no fair! Congrats with all the rest of the news especially the U.

Gpa Holbrook said...

We are packing for our trip this week and will enjoy blessing Maggie. Remember Niki is also coming. Hopefully your next baby blessing will be in SLC.
We are glad the 3rd year is over and Brad made it. Look forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in Salt Lake City. Great end to 2009.

Sarah Jackman said...

I'm so glad to hear that you'll be home! We'll have to plan some get togethers....

Emily Carruth Fuller said...

I am SO glad you are able to come back here for the end of the year! It will be fantastic to have you around!! I look forward to meeting Maggie in person.

heidigoseek said...

that is all so exciting, except for the leaving norfolk part. i know it's only a rotation, but i can't help but wonder if it's got anything to do with the return of the robertsons in the norfolk 1st ward. hmmm.....

kimbob said...

YEAH for your exciting news!! That will be so great to have you guys back here for that time. I wouldn't be surprised if you were really back down to your prepregnancy size, you look great no matter what! Can't wait to see you guys soon. Have fun with the visitors for the blessing/birthday celebration

The Hill Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you...on all accounts!

Shawn and Mish said...

We are really going to miss you!

You look fabulous!

I look like I'm ready to deliver already......

Gardner said...

Congrats. I am so excited you will be hear in Utah for a while. Your girls are so cute. I can't beleive Maggie is already sleeping that long. That is awesome.