Something turned on in her brain a few weeks ago that made her realize she often has a better idea of how things should go than mine. Mostly this consists of her not wanting to take naps--EVER, as well as never wanting to leave anyplace and have to go home. No matter where we are. . .even if it is as boring a location as the grocery store. . .we always hear "No go home" from our sweet Ella. Poor thing hates her home and is never tired. What will we do?
I took this picture last Sunday after I went in her room and tried to wake her up--she didn't fall asleep until after 4 and it was 5:15 or so when I was trying to wake her. This is a common scene in her room now at nap time. She will take out and read every book, stand up and look out the window, and do whatever else she can to entertain herself rather than sleep. At least she still is pretty obedient at staying in her bed until I tell her she can get up. She usually eventually falls asleep if you leave her alone long enough. On Sunday it just made me laugh that by the time she finished with all of her books she was too tired to move them off her bed, and instead curled up in whatever corner she could find to fall asleep.
You've gotta hate, I mean LOVE, the mind of a 2-year-old!
6 comments:
She is so dang CUTE!! I can't wait to see her in a few weeks when you guys some out here.
so cute...
Chase stopped taking nap at like 3 and it drove me nuts, so if we go anywhere after work he usually falls asleep.
When do you guys come out?? where are you going to be staying?
Ooooo...I am not looking forward to the "NO" and no nap stage. Good luck! I wish I could offer advice. But hopefully I'll getting great advice from you in about 6 months. Oh, and the watermelon stains, I haven't found anything that can get them out. I either just take her shirt off before she eats it or put her in a white shirt so i can bleach it. Bleach always works!
I've been waiting all my life to tell you this: Guess how you behaved when we wanted to leave stores, parks, etc., and you didn't want to. You became quite the "no" sayer and tantrum thrower. I suppose it's what all parents have to go through. But it will end. But then it will start again when she's a teenager!!! Great fun! Mom
Adventures in the life of a mom! Good Luck, she is a cutie.
Post a Comment