Maggie turned 9 months old this past week. Here is a little bit about her right now:
She weighs 17 lbs 8 oz (30%) and is 27 3/4 inches long (75%), which makes it sound like she is a bean pole, but she has a good amount of chub on her. She is growing so fast and starting to understand so much more each day. I am starting to teach her a few signs now and she has already figured one of them out so far, which has even surprised me! She is crawling and cruising and is much more curious than I remember Ella being at this age. She also as extremely good vision--she will spot the tiniest of crumbs from across the room and book it to try and get there and get it in her mouth before Momma can prevent her (and she usually wins!) She is very loud (especially in church) and will make this loud cackling sound when she is excited about something or wants to get someone's attention. I think it is really funny, so I often have a hard time encouraging her to be more reverent! She loves her big sister and wants to be wherever she is and do whatever she is doing. . .which is great, as long as Ella is agreeable to it. She has also recently started to get really excited about Daddy when he comes in the room and will often leap out of my arms to go to him (FINALLY!). She has 5 teeth already, with a six on the way in--which makes me really look forward to the day I can stop nursing, if you can imagine. She has also decided she doesn't really care for baby food, so I am doing my best to fix finger foods she can eat. All in all, she is just a fun part of our family and we are so glad to have her!
1 comment:
For heaven's sake, we neeeeeed those pictures, because we can't see them every day. Start snapping, okay? Love all of you and enjoy what's left of the snow! Is there any left? Grandma D.
Post a Comment