I should have known that with how quickly Maggie came into the world, I would always be trying to keep up with her! This little 10-month-old is CRAZY!! The things she gets into boggle my mind! I always thought Ella was an active baby, but Maggie is out of control compared to what I now realize was a tame little Ella. She is a climber already--I have found her on top of Ella's table and she has also climbed to the top of the step ladder in our kitchen. Luckily, I have found her only a few seconds later both times she has reached the top and saved her from any potential falls so far. But I certainly have to be careful with this one and many things I thought were safe are now potential hazards!
Her favorite things to get into are also a little crazy. Of course, she loves the usual spots in the bathroom and enjoys eating toilet paper and looking into and throwing toys into the bathtub. She also loves getting into all the cupboards and drawers, but what crawler doesn't? She loves her sister's puzzles and squeals each time she gets to one and breaks it into pieces (which is often followed by a scream from Ella. )She loves crumbs on the floor and will speed crawl over to anything she discovers from across the room. She LOVES it when I get out the broom and chases my crumb piles around as I try to sweep. She gets so excited and wants to eat all of it--dust bunnies and all! It is very hard for me to keep her away and scoop it up before she gets her hands in it--this is our constant chore. Her strangest favorite thing that leaves me the most puzzled is our door stops. She loves to go around the house and suck on all the door stops. I have no idea why or how it got started but it makes me laugh every time I see it (which is usually multiple times a day). I hope they don't carry too much filth on them!
Maggie leaves me exhausted and she just never seems to stop. She is a go, go, goer and always loves it when there is a lot going on. Although I feel I cannot keep up, she is lots of fun and I am excited to see where all of this energy leads her!
Is anyone up for keeping an eye on this one for a few hours while I take a break?
Caught in the act on top of the table--a daily occurrence now. Just when I was starting to get to the point when she could entertain herself a little, she now can't be left due to these kind of dangers! I still cannot believe the things she can climb on all by herself!
Clapping for herself after she swiped some crumbs before I could. . .
3 comments:
That's hilarious. Maybe not for you. That sounds like how my boys were growing up. I found Chance on my kitchen counter at 10 months old!!! She is so cute! She looks so much like your side of the fam. Miss you guys.
Phineus loves chewing on doorstops, too! Hilarious! Maggie is so cute! I'm amazed by her climbing skills, and scared for you!
Will and Maggie would definately get along:)
Post a Comment