Sunday, October 3, 2010

And so it begins. . .

Balloon Fiesta started this weekend and boy, are we excited! Brad had to work this weekend so we didn't go down to the actual fiesta park just yet, but we still got a taste of what is to come when we head over there next weekend.

On Saturday morning I took the girls to the nearby park where we got to watch a few private balloon flights take off right in front of us. When we got out of the car as they were taking off 20 feet away from us, Ella got super excited and asked, "Mom, am I still 3?" I couldn't figure out why she was asking that until I realized that she was hoping she was older than 3 since that is when I tell her she can go on a hot air balloon ride. The poor thing was hoping she could take off with one of those hot air balloons right then. We definitely will have to get her on one sometime!

We then watched from across the valley as the 500+ balloons took off at the Balloon Fiesta Park. It honestly is breathtaking! Ella is so fascinated by hot air balloons, and I couldn't help but lose my breath as I watched them as well. On Sunday morning I took the girls out a little later to "chase" the hot air balloons. Basically, we just followed the ones that were close to us until they were about to land, then we got out of the car to watch it all unfold. I cannot wait to go and be there up close and personal next weekend. Until then, I think we will hit the park each morning to gaze at them from afar!



























2 comments:

Stan and Mel said...

Wow. I'm glad that something this cool is happeneing in your own backyard. I cannot wait to see it in the coming years.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully next year this will be at a time we can come and enjoy it with you...Those balloons are so beautiful...and by the way, if Ella wanted to get off the ride, what happens in the balloon when she wants out? Just thinking... Mom