Only 4 months into Brad's 4 year residency and our whole family is conditioned to think a 60 hour work week is amazing! (I guess it is WAY better than 90!)
Heather, I'm so glad you guys are settling in and loving NM so much. I agree that it's okay to be a little bit one-dimensional at this stage of life. Your life is full juggling all that being a good mother requires, and it won't always be that way. I used to be an avid reader, and sewer, and scrapbooker... but I rarely do those things anymore because I get so focused on them that I can't focus on my kids. I can get so involved in my current project that I don't want to take a break to spend time with the kids. And then I get grumpy! Sad, but true. Maybe some people can do it all, hobbies and kids and working full-time, but I am not one of them!
Way to go getting the kids involved in FHE! You and Brad have such a gift for making kids feel that they are important and loved. I saw it in your interaction with my kids, I saw in in Primary, and I definitely see it in your parenting! Ella and Maggie are such lucky little girls!
1 comment:
Heather, I'm so glad you guys are settling in and loving NM so much. I agree that it's okay to be a little bit one-dimensional at this stage of life. Your life is full juggling all that being a good mother requires, and it won't always be that way. I used to be an avid reader, and sewer, and scrapbooker... but I rarely do those things anymore because I get so focused on them that I can't focus on my kids. I can get so involved in my current project that I don't want to take a break to spend time with the kids. And then I get grumpy! Sad, but true. Maybe some people can do it all, hobbies and kids and working full-time, but I am not one of them!
Way to go getting the kids involved in FHE! You and Brad have such a gift for making kids feel that they are important and loved. I saw it in your interaction with my kids, I saw in in Primary, and I definitely see it in your parenting! Ella and Maggie are such lucky little girls!
Post a Comment