Here was my struggle over the weekend: Ella is at the point where she is pretty good at sitting and "listening" to conference. Maggie, not so much. If Ella is sitting quietly and listening to conference, Maggie requires SO much of my attention, whereas if I let Ella and Maggie play together I could enjoy conference a little more. What is more important do you think? Me being able to listen to conference or teaching Ella the importance of hearing the prophet?
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Conference
Before conference we read in Mosiah about the people all going to the temple to hear King Benjamin speak. They put up their tents and had them face the temple so they could hear the prophet speak. I built a tent in our living room for the girls to do the same and listen to the prophet. It seemed to be a big hit--at least for one session.

Here was my struggle over the weekend: Ella is at the point where she is pretty good at sitting and "listening" to conference. Maggie, not so much. If Ella is sitting quietly and listening to conference, Maggie requires SO much of my attention, whereas if I let Ella and Maggie play together I could enjoy conference a little more. What is more important do you think? Me being able to listen to conference or teaching Ella the importance of hearing the prophet?
Here was my struggle over the weekend: Ella is at the point where she is pretty good at sitting and "listening" to conference. Maggie, not so much. If Ella is sitting quietly and listening to conference, Maggie requires SO much of my attention, whereas if I let Ella and Maggie play together I could enjoy conference a little more. What is more important do you think? Me being able to listen to conference or teaching Ella the importance of hearing the prophet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think a combination of both! I think your example is more important than anything- showing them both how much you want your family together to watch Conference. I love your tent!
What a great idea! I am going to steal it from you in April. You do such a great job. Love ya.
Post a Comment