I have been terrible lately at taking pictures and updating our little family journal. We haven't been too busy but have been enjoying the great weather the past month and a half or so and have been spending almost all of our time at the park, the zoo, or going on walks in the neighborhood. The weather has been glorious and we have been enjoying our time outdoors as much as possible. Brad had this past weekend off--hooray! We spent our time shoveling and roto-tilling in 5 cubic yards of dirt in our yard while the girls played in the backyard pool. It was 80 degrees down here so we decided swimming and a picnic in the backyard was just what the weather called for. Brad and I really enjoyed spending the day working in the yard (with breaks for conference) and are excited to turn our yard into more than just a desert wasteland--wish us luck, I don't think I am any good at this desert landscaping!

By the time I finished in the yard and got the camera out to take pictures, Maggie was too cold to do anything but stand there and shiver! The poor girl needs a little more fat on her to enjoy the cold hose water. . .
When we finished up Brad cooled off with the girls in the pool (and made the water pretty dirty with all of the dirt he had on him).

We also made our "conference tent" as we have done the past couple of conferences. Since Brad was lucky enough to be home this time around he was assigned the tent-making duties and impressed the girls with his "double-decker" creation. With that, conference coloring books, and treats when they heard special words, our girls were happy campers this conference!

If only Brad had every weekend off to spend with us. . .
2 comments:
looks like a fun time!
We can't wait to come visit soon!
What is it about tents, conference and kids? We have the same tradition.
(I'm fron the ward, in case you were wondering who this odd person was that is commenting on your blog. Just FYI)
Post a Comment