Where do I start with our favorite 2-year-old? Hadley is such a fun member of our family, she is always the first to giggle and laugh, give hugs, and love us all. She is playful, friendly, and energetic. She loves being chased and tickled. She has no problem with us leaving her for nursery, with a babysitter, etc, but she will run over with such excitement as soon as we come back. She gets SO excited for everything and everyone--I can't tell you how many times a days she will just shout, "Yea!" for just about anything. She is LOUD (both when she is happy and when she is upset). . .she will just constantly make noise at the dinner table or in the car especially, singing songs and being silly, making it almost impossible to hear a word from anyone else. It's just constant chatter from this one. The comment has been made a number of times that her scream when she is upset closely resembles the sound of a tea kettle--high pitched and all!
She is still our little peanut and looks about 6 months younger in size than her actual age (still barely over 20 lbs too). I often do appreciate her small size though, as she is still so easy to carry--even while 7 months pregnant. When I pick up other children her age and younger I just can't believe how heavy they are! Her appetite has been growing in recent months so hopefully she will start catching up in the weight/height department soon. She loves eating any kind of fruit, mac n cheese (of course), chicken nuggets, sugar snap peas, and cucumbers. She still doesn't do the best job with grown-up dinners, but we are working on it!
She doesn't have as much hair as either of her sisters did at this age, and it is still a very light blonde. I do see some darker hair at the roots so I am thinking it will start getting closer in color to Maggie's as it grows more. Her eyes are still a very bright blue, but I think they are starting to fade a bit now, just like her sisters' did.
She is still our little peanut and looks about 6 months younger in size than her actual age (still barely over 20 lbs too). I often do appreciate her small size though, as she is still so easy to carry--even while 7 months pregnant. When I pick up other children her age and younger I just can't believe how heavy they are! Her appetite has been growing in recent months so hopefully she will start catching up in the weight/height department soon. She loves eating any kind of fruit, mac n cheese (of course), chicken nuggets, sugar snap peas, and cucumbers. She still doesn't do the best job with grown-up dinners, but we are working on it!
She doesn't have as much hair as either of her sisters did at this age, and it is still a very light blonde. I do see some darker hair at the roots so I am thinking it will start getting closer in color to Maggie's as it grows more. Her eyes are still a very bright blue, but I think they are starting to fade a bit now, just like her sisters' did.
We have started talking to her about being a "big girl" now, but she insists that she is still Mommy and Daddy's baby. My other two were interested in the potty and things like that by this age, but Hadley would rather just be loved and snuggled as baby for now. She is speaking in phrases, but totally mixing up the placement of her words, so I don't think you could say she is using sentences yet. I love it and think it is so cute, it reminds me a lot of Yoda talking most of the time. For example, if she wants to tell me that she is ready for breakfast and wants cereal what I usually will hear is something like, "Mommy, breakfast now cereal?" , or if she wants to know if Ella is coming home from school now she will ask, "Mommy, Ella school home now?". It sure is fun to figure out what she is trying to tell us (unless she starts to get frustrated).
Hadley is just FUN, FUN, FUN! She cries when we tell her it's nap time or bedtime and just begs us to play. It is both good and bad that she shares a room with her sisters as the bedtime events seem to constantly get rowdier and rowdier between the 3 of them! I think as she gets older, Ella and Maggie are going to have a hard time keeping up with her. We love our Hadley Bear so much and are excited that she is 2!
Ella wanted a turn playing photographer at the end of our shoot, so I got in a pic too. . .







No comments:
Post a Comment