Monday, September 17, 2007

Camera Crisis

Well we are very disappointed to announce that our camera is broken! The lens cover is stuck in the closed position. We have only had the camera for about a year and a half and I feel totally ripped off! I have looked into getting repaired. . .it seems like it would be a quick, simple fix. However, the only place I can find to fix it is directly through Sony. They charge a flat repair fee of $111.00, not including shipping and tax. Is it just me or is that a little ridiculous? I looked around and I could get the upgraded version of my model for less than $200. So why would I pay all that money just to fix an old camera? I'm sure that's why they set it up that way. . .so you keep buying new cameras rather than fixing up an old one. I'm a little perturbed to be honest with you. So now I'm in decision mode. Do I get the old camera fixed or do I buy a new camera? Or do I put it off and wait until we actually have the money to do one or the other? I'm not really sure what to do but I do feel that with the age Ella's at I really don't want to go too long without taking pictures. . .she's growing and changing so fast! I guess we'll just have to see what we can figure out.
Moral of the story--you won't be seeing any fun pictures for a while! I'll still try to find something interesting to post.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so sorry guys, that really does stink....I hate situations like that where you feel stuck. But my advise, go all out for a new camera, I promise there will be many moments from now until you get one that Ella will do so many things you wished you had a camera for:)

C'mon Heather you married a DOCTOR! you can afford a new camera:)

Anonymous said...

except that your doctor is paying his way through medical school right now!

My camera recently broke too, same deal 110 to repair 200 new. I waited a while,but was so sad to miss all Andrews moments,we broke down and got a refurbished newer model for 150. good luck

Anonymous said...

p.s. i'd go buy a disposible camera until you decide what to do. Ella is too precious to miss.

Anonymous said...

Chad and I are crying right now because we simply must see more pictures of our sweet granddaughter. What about an early Christmas present? Perhaps something could be worked out....