Tuesday, September 11, 2007

There's no place like home

I know that nowadays it is very popular to place different sayings and catch phrases around your house as part of the decor. Well recently I came across a new one (at least it is new to me) that has had special meaning for us. As most of you know, our house is very small and cozy. It has only two bedrooms and one bathroom. It was built in 1928, when a family didn't require all the space we seem to need today. Even though it is small we absolutely love it. It suits us perfectly! Anyway, we were lucky enough to have both of our families out here at the same time after Ella was born and had over 15 people in our little house at one time. We also had a Labor Day Barbecue here last week where we had 20 people over, not including children. However, the interesting thing was although our house was definitely full, I never felt cramped. I loved the feeling of having people I love filling up our house. It is sort of nice to fill every nook and cranny with friends and family. As a result my new motto is this one that is now hanging on my dining room wall, "May our house always be too small to hold all of our friends." I think now, in order to upgrade to a more spacious house in the future, we better make sure we still have enough friends and family over to fill it once again!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that saying! what a great way to live. I don't think you will ever have a shortage of friends.
Your house is super cute and that porch is too die for...seriously I LOVE porches, especiall a wrap around. thanks for the good quote.

Courtney said...

I love that saying...it is perfect. Your house is so so cute, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of it, maybe I have can't remember, but I absolutely love it!!!! I love the porch around the house....can't wait to see you guys in October!!!!

Gpa Holbrook said...

Of course it is a cute house after 2 weeks of slave labor making it 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and an office. I am delighted to be involved and enjoy the great spirit that is in the house. The spirit is what will keep the friends coming

Anonymous said...

So nice to know you were loving having all of us there. We loved being there, and we love all three of you so much, too. It is nice to have hearts big enough to make room for all.

The Hill Family said...

I am really jealous of your porch. I bet you have an great time together sitting out on it.

Steph & Paul said...

I love you house! And I echo Beth on the great porch! You always know how to have a great time with everyone you are around.

Anonymous said...

Ella is so beautiful. I wish we could see her. We miss you guys a lot. I hope Brad is surviving second year.