Brad and I are old school in the fact that we still like to get and read the paper each day as our main source of news. Ella has always been fascinated with Brad reading the comics (I've never been a fan) and will request that he read him to her on Sunday mornings. Now with her ever-improving reading skills she is branching out from her regular books. As I was eating breakfast this morning and glanced up from the newspaper, this is what I found. . .
An adorable 4-year-old reading her funnies, just like Daddy does. She was very focused and studied them all throroughly. Oh, and by the way, she had also searched through the newspaper and found them on her own while I wasn't paying attention! I just hope she doesn't ask me to explain the jokes, cause most of the time I don't see where the "funny" is myself!


4 comments:
could she be more beautiful? that is too sweet (:
I know what you mean, I do NOT think the comics are funny! They just aren't! What a cute tradition though to pass down, reading the paper and comics together.
I'm the same way - I read the paper every day but the funnies just don't interest me. Sometimes Luke will ask me to read Peanuts to him, and he'll do a little forced laugh because he knows it's supposed to be funny!
Wow, I'm so impressed with Ella. You have a genius child!
Post a Comment