(I totally over-exposed this picture--shows I'm not as good at using manual as I would like to be--but I love it anyway. It's such a true, unposed expression of my Ella)
I got a Kindle Fire for my birthday this week. Last night after the girls were all in bed (Brad was working) I stayed up trying to figure out how to use it. It took my a bit of time to get used to it. I actually had trouble even figuring out how to turn it on since the switch is hidden and I kept thinking it would just turn on by touch like Brad's ipad. Anyway, after devoting a few hours to it, I felt like I had the hang of it and how it worked and just what I needed to do to download and read books and access the internet,etc.
I woke up this morning and when I went out to the living room and turned it on Ella informed me that she read the "farm book" on there this morning. I was surprised and said how? Apparently while I was in bed she came out, found the kindle, turned it on, figured out how to access the books, found a children's book for her to read and read it all with out a bit of trouble!
I couldn't believe it! I guess I should have just had her stay up with me last night so that she could teach me how to use it--I bet I would have figured it out a bit quicker!! I'm sure this is just the first of many times where my kids will show that they have a higher level of fuctioning with technology than I do! (I knew it would happen, I just didn't think it would happen so soon).

1 comment:
Too smart. Sounds like Brad is going to have to lock her in the closet.
Post a Comment