Monday, June 18, 2012

Rhymes and such

(While driving in the car. . .I saw her picking her nose in the rear-view mirror)
"Mom, BOOGER and SUGAR rhyme. . .
And they both are yummy!"

She is very into rhyming right now and tells us throughout the day what words she knows that rhyme as she figures them out in her little head.  Sometimes the words are made up, sometimes they are real, but we are certain she definitely has the rhyming thing down.

There was something else she said that was funny the other day, but I can't seem to remember now. . .maybe Brad can help me remember later . . .

Another favorite photo from when she turned 3--I like her goofy smile here, I think it shows so much about the mischief that is going on in that little head of hers.
Ella and Maggie are fighting a lot lately--not sure why, but every night when I go and check on them and tuck them in before I go to bed, I find Maggie sleeping on the floor next to Ella's bed. It does my heart good to know that in those sweet moments before falling asleep they really do want to be close to each other. I imagine it will always be this way with these sisters growing up.

Maggie never seems to get tired . . .she doesn't take naps and will stay up SO late (over an hour after we put them to bed sometimes) talking to Ella and singing in her room. Ella says she is tired, but Maggie won't let her sleep.  She can be exhausting, but the FUN potential in this girl is out of this world!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the latest rhyme--has she come up with gum and bum yet? Also, Jessica mentioned something about one of the girls falling in the water or something???? She saw it on facebook, but said that you didn't identify who it was or the specifics of what happened. Your non-facebook mom would really like to be let in on the secret? How about it? Mom