Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lost Tooth

With Ella being in a K-1 class this last year, she has been the youngest and watched many of her classmates lose a tooth or two.  She has constantly asked my throughout the year when she was going to lose a tooth, and has been looking forward to it ever since.  Not knowing what else to tell her, I always replied that she would probably lose a tooth once she was 6.  Well I certainly made myself look smart with that answer, 'cause not 2 days after her sixth birthday she realized that she had a loose tooth.  We thought she would be so excited, but her first reaction was to cry and say that she didn't want to lose a tooth anymore because she was afraid it would hurt! 
It finally fell out yesterday (a little less than a week later).  She was brushing her teeth in the bathroom before bed when I heard a panicked, "Mom, I just spit out my tooth!". I came rushing into the bathroom and saved it before it went down the sink drain.  She has such a fun story to tell now about spitting out her toothpaste along with her tooth.
 
And if you can't tell by the picture above, she is now pretty excited about it. . .loved the surprise from the tooth fairy this morning, and looks pretty darn cute with her "new" smile!
 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

So fun!

Uncle Conrad could have just pulled that sucker right out!:)