
Ella turned 5 years old yesterday. I can't believe I had her five years ago, but I also can't believe that she is only 5! I know that may seem a bit backwards, but to me she seems older than 5. She is pretty mature for her age (most of the time) and her favorite friends always seem to be those a year or two ahead of her. She is SO beyond ready to start kindergarten in just a month now and I know she will do great there. I am dreading what life is going to be like without her here at home--I just don't know how in the world I will be able to entertain Maggie all by myself!
A year ago when she turned 4 all I wanted was for her to find more self-confidence and come out of her shell. I felt horrible that she was so deathly shy and wouldn't talk to anyone. She has grown so much from where she was a year ago. She will now do parts in Primary, has the confidence to talk to and meet friends at swim lessons or elsewhere, and she will stand up for herself if she is being picked on. I never would have thought she would have changed so much in a year's time. With this change though I have also learned the "be careful what you wish for lesson" as I have come to appreciate the wonderful qualities that came with both Ella's shy side, and her more outgoing side. Now that she is more self-confident she seems to be a bit less selfless and we have a few more power struggles in our home, both between her and me and with her sister. She is still overall a kind-hearted and gentle person, but I realized that a lot of what made her shy made her so easy to get along with in our home. I wouldn't change anything about her growth this year, as I know it will serve her better in life, but I have come to see the positives in different personalities a whole lot more and would no longer wish so hard for a change.
Ella LOVES TO READ and LOVES TO DRAW. She can often be found doing one of these quiet activities and would prefer to do that most of the day if others didn't interrupt her. She got her first chapter book for her birthday and has even been reading it in the car. She loves writing notes and letters to those she loves and does so on a daily basis. She has become much more social this year and loves having her friends around. While Maggie and her do fight, I still think they would consider each other best of friends and have wonderful fun playing and imagining together. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic changes once Hadley is old enough to join in the fun.
I asked Ella a little bit about herself today as a new 5-year-old
Favorite food: Pizza and Hawaiian Haystacks
Favorite friend: Natalie and Avi and Annie
Favorite color: Pink and purple
Favorite thing to do: Watch movies and swimming
What do you want to be when you grow up: a Mom







1 comment:
She is beautiful! Happy Birthday Ella:)
Post a Comment