Thursday, July 26, 2012

ONE-YEAR-OLD


                   


  

I put way too many pictures on this post, but I just couldn't get rid of any. . .I like so many of these faces of her all for different reasons!

I can't believe she is ONE already!  This past year has gone by so incredibly fast and I have enjoyed being a mom to this little one.  She is such a different baby now than the one I brought home from the hospital, but we love her all the same.  She is definitely in a yelling stage right now--not necessarily yelling because she is upset, but yelling for attention, yelling because she wants something, yelling because she doesn't want something. . .you get the idea.  She is all over the place, not walking yet (later than the her big sisters), but definitely enjoying walking with her walker, which I think is her favorite toy. For some reason she is very into her tongue right now and sticks it out constantly as she moves about the house.   She LOVES to "hide" from us and giggles like crazy when we say "Where's Hadley", she then gets so excited to pull off the blanket and surprise us all.  In fact, when I took her to the park last night to take her pictures, I couldn't get her to interact with me much or smile at me as she was too intersted in watching the little league football practice that was going on down the hill.  The thought finally dawned on me to give her the blanket and let her play this favorite game and I was able to capture these pics of her hiding from and surprising Mommy.  Even though they are not your typical pictures, I love the way they turned out and hope they will remind me later of the fun she had with us while she was so little. 
She is very friendly and loves waving and pointing at other people.  She will flash them a big smile and then bury her head against my shoulder as if she is shy--I just love it!  We think she is such a super-cute baby, even though she has a bit of a goofy smile with her snaggle-teeth.  We rarely hear a peep out of her through the night, but she is up bright and early at about 6:30 most mornings.  She loves her fruit and will go absolutely crazy over watermelon, grapes, or mangoes (I think mangoes are her favorite).  I've had to start hiding the fruit at dinnertime until after she has eaten something else, otherwise she will throw whatever else she has off of her tray and yell and yell for what she really wants.  Other than fruit, she doesn't seem to have too many other favorites right now, but seems to like rice a lot.
She is a little peanut--not quite 17 lbs yet (only in the 1st percentile for her age), the doctors have officially said I need to start throwing some butter and heavy whipping cream in her meals. It also make me nervous to wean her completely wish I would like to start doing because she has always refused to take any kind of milk/formula from a bottle or sippy cup. . .so we'll just have to see how that goes.

She is saying Momma and Dadda (but not necessarily for the right people) and says "uh-oh" all of the time as well.  We're working on more signs with her so she will use that communication a little more than the yell which seems to be her favorite.  She loves her big sisters, but we are STILL working with them on giving her her own space and not carrying her around everywhere they go and putting her up on beds, couches, etc.  She loves her Momma and lucky for her I am always around and she rarely has to go without me.  I think she has realized that Daddy is the fun one though and seems to save her best giggles for him.













 

 

                      

 She is always pointing to show us wherever she wants to go. . .
 



Stay little Hadley, we LOVE you, but you are growing up WAY too fast!




2 comments:

The Hill Family said...

Wow! I can not believe that Hadley is already one. I guess I still picture her as an infant, because that is the last time I saw her. She is beautiful. Congratulations!!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday little Hadley!

She is adorable. I too can't believe she is already 1!

Great pics as always Heather...she is a lucky girl to have a mom document how cute she is:)